If You Like It, Then You Should Have Put A Link On It!

Do you need some ideas for how to make standardized testing fun?  With this infamous writing test coming to a close tomorrow, I can't think of a better time to link up with Cara over at Teaching My Calling for a linky party on how to make standardize testing more fun!  Yes, I know we are not supposed to teach to the test, but anyone who says they don't is either full of it or AMAZING!  I find the more games that I play during test time, the more motivated my students get.  One of their all time favorites is Fling the Teacher.

   Here is an example of a pre-made game that another teacher has made:    Indians Fling the Teacher Example  You have to join a forum and download the program, but it is great and worth it!  The kids love to make the avitar (the teacher) and they love the count down to when the teacher is flung across the screen at the end.  Check it out. It's a lot of fun!

On another note, my blog on Posting Plurals went crazy on Pinterest.   Here's the same idea for contractions.  Simple and cheap...just the way I like it! 





Link on.

2 comments

  1. Love your blog! Thanks for all of the great ideas! I've been looking for a way to make test prep fun!

    Tammy
    Confessions of a Fourth Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! How funny is Fling the Teacher. Good find.

    I have an award for you too! (If you don't already have it...) Come and check it out xx
    Daydreams of a Student Teacher

    ReplyDelete