Posting Plurals

In preparation for the writing test, plurals is the topic of the day. Here's a simple way to practice plurals with your kids that costs only cents. What you will need:

1. Sentence strips
2. Markers
3. List of nouns that follow the rules.

What you do:

1. Write the noun on the sentence strip.
2. Fold the right hand corner to cover up whatever gets taken away on the reform of the word.
3. Write the new ending that makes the word plural.

See pictures below!
Before the flaps are folded down.
After the flaps are folded down (minus the first one).


You could even have your children make their own. You really can use any type of paper and any noun! Simple and cheap!

Make on.

14 comments

  1. Hi.
    Thank you for sharing.
    I pinned your picture from this post and it was repinned 63 times. I thought you might want to know.
    Terje (grade 3/4 teacher)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support! There will be a lot more to come, I'm just getting started :).

      ~Mimi

      Delete
    2. My 10 yr. Old is really struggling with pluralist. This is a great idea. How to I actually "use" it in practice with her? Thanks Mom who needs the help!

      Delete
    3. I have my kids make them and then flip the plural part backwards...then they quiz each other. Kind of like flash cards! :) Hope this helps!

      Delete
  2. So smart!
    I'll have to remember this for my future classroom.

    Ashley :-)

    idrathercoloroutsidethelines.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea!
    Will share it with all the Primary School teachers I know - and not only!
    LEO

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a very good and simple method thik u

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing! That's what makes teacher's special! Selflessness!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've been going foldable happy in Room 202 and this will certainly get added to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea and my second graders do too! Thanks for sharing.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to put in a lap book! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing and simple :) Again I thank you for your wonderful ideas <3

    ReplyDelete