1. Survived 5th Grade Graduation
2. Took my dad to Las Vegas for his 70th bday
3. Took a Youth Development Class through the community college.
4. Went to Charleston, SC for the 4th
5. Took a college course on Reading and Writing Strategies for ESL students through GMU
6. Visited my parents in southwest VA
7. Went to the Black Dog Jazz Festival at Chateau Morrisette (wine festival)
8. Survived my 36th Bday....yesterday! :)
All the while, my blog has just been chilling out....and has been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award by Teri @ 5th Grade Tomfoolery, Shernika @Threadgills Teaching Toolbox, Stacey @ 3rd Grade Times, Mrs. Karod Colorful Teaching, Ms. Mel @ Teaching with Ms. Mel and Mrs. Thompson @ Nerdy Nerdy Nerdy I'm feeling very versatile!! Thank you ladies! I'm honored! So here are my 7 RANDOM facts:
1. I have my masters in administration, but no desire to be an administrator right now!
2. I have weight issues...always.
3. I'm the 2012-2013 Teacher of the Year at my school.
4. I love smiley faces.
5. I've been to 56 weddings since I was 21 years old (with three more this year).
6. So You Think You Can Dance is my favorite TV show!
7. My very first job ever was being a smurf (well, Smurfette) at a mall opening. I did three shows and got paid $180. BIG BUCKS for a 12 year old back in the 80s! LOL
So there you have it. A blog that helps NO ONE educationally. I just wanted you to know I'm still alive and haven't forgotten about y'all. I'm enjoying the heck out of my summer and hope you are too!