Beaded Number Line

I'm so jealous of all of y'all out there on summer break already!  We just stared testing last week and I have another 15 school days to go! AHHHH!  I have officially realized that I have lost my "balancing everything at once" mojo!  I got out of the habit with my awesome student teacher, and since she's been gone I feel like I can't remember anything.   I'm like a chicken running around with its head cut off....hence the lack of blogs!  I have a list of about 20 blogs that I need to write up, and I just don't have time to do it all...and keep my DVR from exploding, my husband happy, myself healthy, and my friends still loving me.  SO, this is my short, but helpful blog to let you know I'm still alive and kicking!

Check this video out on the Beaded Number Line that one of my colleagues brought to my attention:



It is good for grades 2-5 (at least). I really dig the rounding part the best. In fifth grade all of my kids SHOULD have number sense, but lots of them don't. This is an excellent way to help teach number sense. Also, at the bottom of the page, there is a link to all of the Tidewater Team videos. Check them out. There are videos there for K-8! Pretty neat.

 Bead on.

 P.S. I'm getting a new blog design here shortly. I won the Teacher Appreciation Giveaway from Honey Bunch Blog Design!!  Be on the lookout!  I am soooooo excited!  Thanks Erika and Misty!!

P.P.S.  I'm only 9 people away from my 200 follower give away.  You have any friends that might like to follow me??? 

No comments

Post a Comment